Most young people cope ok with life’s ups and downs especially if they have good support from family and friends. However sometimes things don’t get better and if you feel so low, stressed, worried or angry that it is having a big impact on your life you might need some extra help to get back on track.
All of the services at 42nd Street are free and confidential. We understand that opening up to someone for the first time can be extremely difficult and for some young people, taking the first step can take time. Talking to a One to One support worker, Counsellor or Therapist can help you to understand the things that are affecting you and together, you can find positive coping strategies that work for you.
The kinds of things we can support you with:
- Feeling worried, stressed and panicky
- Depression and feeling low
- Having scary thoughts and feelings
- Struggling to be around others or socialise
- Worrying about feeling driven to do certain things or worrying that something bad may happen if you don’t
- Problems in relationships
- Family problems
- Issues around food and eating and how you feel about your body
- Feeling lonely
- Finding positive ways to cope with the things going on in your life
- Making links with other support services
If you would like to find out more about Counselling & Therapy and One to One Support, please read: