It can be hard to talk with other people about things that are worrying you.
But if the way that you are feeling is having a negative impact on your life the most important thing is not to hide it or bottle it up but to talk to someone. That’s why 42nd Street is here.
Here are some things about 42nd Street that might help you decide if we are the right service for you:
- All our services to young people are free
- We offer a confidential service – we won’t pass on information about you to anyone else unless you or someone else is at risk of serious harm
- We will try and give you a choice of seeing a male or female worker
- We will try and meet you somewhere you feel safe and can get to
- Whether you are black, white, gay , straight, disabled, non-disabled, male or female you are welcome to come to 42nd Street
- We will treat you with respect
- We will give you a say in the service